- Genesis 45:1-7
- Why is it that the story of Joseph occupies so much space in the text of the Bible?
- Genesis 15:13-14
- Genesis 12:1-3 - God’s promises to Abram
- Joseph was instrumental in how God fulfilled His promises to Abraham.
- I Thessalonians 5:23-24
- Joseph occupies so much space because he demonstrates how God takes care of us.
- Why doesn’t Joseph go back and see his father?
- Joseph thought that he was forgotten by Jacob, not realizing that Jacob thought he was dead. Genesis 44:18-34
- How is it that God allowed the men who did such evil to Joseph to be heads of ten of the tribes of Israel?
- He didn’t! Living with what they did to Joseph and the lies they told to cover it up transformed them into honest men.
- Why does God allow things to be the way they are in the world?
- Some things are only understood by God.
- God works in such a way as to make up for our faults.
- What would heaven be if there were no suffering on earth?
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.