- Numbers 5:16-28 – Special rules for a man who suspects his wife of adultery.
- Leviticus 20:10 – Rules for the man regarding adultery. Adultery was a sin for both parties.
- Numbers 6:1-21 – The Nazirite vow.
- “Nazirite” is a transliteration that means “separation.”
- Three main restrictions:
- Stay away from grapes.
- Don’t cut your hair.
- Don’t go near a dead person.
- Other mentions of Nazirite vows:
- Judges 13:5 – Samson was under a Nazirite vow from birth.
- I Samuel 1:11
- Amos 2:11-12
- Acts 21:23-26 – A vow, but probably not a Nazirite vow.
- Twelve days of offerings.
- There is much repetition here, possibly because the text was used as a ledger for each tribe to keep track of what they needed to do.
- Numbers 8:5-13 – Cleansing of the Levites.
- See Hebrews 7:26-27
- Numbers 8:14 – The Levites belonged to God!
- Numbers 8:23-26 – The Levites served from age 25-50.
- Numbers 9:1-14 – The first Passover feast outside of Egypt is celebrated.
- Numbers 9:15-23 – God lead them by the pillars of cloud and fire.
- Numbers 10:10 – Orders would be relayed by the silver trumpets.