- II Samuel 7:5-16 – A temple was not something God has asked for. God was the one taking care of David, not the other way around. Got turned it around and gave David a house and great promises. Can you imagine being David and receiving these promises?
- I Chronicles 22:7-13
- I Kings 2:1-4 – David’s parting message to Solomon.
- I Kings 3:10-14 – God makes promises to Solomon. Can you imagine being Solomon?
- I Kings 6:11
- I Kings 9:3-5
- I Kings 4:20-25 – The promises had already started to happen!
- I Kings 9:4; 3:14 – There were conditions for these promises.
Can you imagine turning your back on all this?
- I Kings 11:1-8 – Solomon was drawn away to idols by his foreign wives.
- I Kings 9:3-9 – Israel would become a byword to other nations. Idol-worshipers couldn’t imagine the Israelites turning from God after what God had done being them out of Egypt!
- Hebrews 6:1-8 – We also have these amazing promises! Why would we turn from these?
What should we do instead?
- II Samuel 7:18-24 – The nation belonged to God. All things come from God.
- We need to let others see what God has done for us.
- II Corinthians 6:16-7:1 – We need to cleanse ourselves.
- We need to perfect holiness in the fear of God.
- II Peter 1:3-9
- Hebrews 6:9