Acts 4, continued
- Acts 4:23-30 – Despite the persecution, they continued to pray for boldness.
- Acts 4:32-35 – Some use this passage to promote communism, but that is not what is being taught here. We know from other scriptures that each should work for his own food. This is talking about common treasury controlled by the apostles.
- Acts 5:1-6 – The sin here was lying to the Holy Spirit.
- Acts 5:4 – Note that this verse combined with v3 equates the Holy Spirit to God.
- Acts 5:9 – Peter says they “test(ed) the Spirit of the Lord.” God does not look kindly on those who try to see what they can get away with.
- Acts 5:12 – In Acts 1-5 so far, the apostles alone have been working all the miracles.