- Proverbs 17:22 – A joyful heart is good medicine.
The power of the mind
- Hebrews 12:2 – Jesus endured because of the joy that was before Him.
- Job 1:20-22; 3:11; 27:1-6; 28:12, 23-28 – Job was miserable but his mind was still sound.
- Acts 27:33-38 – Paul took time to give thanks for the small things.
- Philippians 4:6
- Acts 16
You see what you’re looking for … so we should deliberately choose what to focus on.
- Philippians 4:8
- Acts 9:1
- I Corinthians 1:4; 4:14; 11:2; 16:24 – Even with all their problems, Paul was thankful for them.
- What if I start looking for reasons to be happy or things to be thankful for?
- What if I’m looking for opportunities to encourage others?