Loyalty and dedication
- Leaves her homeland
- Commits to going with Naomi – Ruth 1:16-17
- Naomi’s God becomes her God
- Do we have the committed loyalty to God that Ruth had?
- Matthew 9:35 – The harvest is abundant, but the workers are few.
- I Corinthians 3:5 – Paul planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth.
Didn’t do things for glory or to seek attention
- Luke 17:7 – We are good-for-nothing slaves; we’ve only done our duty.
Boaz wanted to bless her and Naomi wanted her to be taken care of
- Leviticus 25:48; Numbers 35:19; Leviticus 25:25; Deuteronomy 25:5 – Responsibilities for the family redeemer.
- Ruth 4
- What did this lead to by continuing the family live for Elimelech?
- Ruth 4:18-22
- Judges 10:6 – Ruth grew up in an idolatrous nation, but she turned to God.