- II Peter 2:5-8 – Noah was a preacher of righteousness. Righteousness was something he did. Sadly, he was not able to save anyone except his own family.
- II Peter 2:6 – See Genesis 19. Like Noah, Lot was not able to positively influence anyone except his own family, and even his wife was then lost as they escaped the city.
- II Peter 2:9-10 – God knows how to deliver us from temptation and he has shown us how through His word. Instead of yielding to temptation, we must go to God’s word and pray.
- II Peter 2:15-16 – See Numbers 22-25 for the story of Balaam. Balaam repeatedly said he would do only what God told him to do, while he was doing exactly what God told him not to do!
- II Peter 2:20-22 – This is a horrible image, but it shows what it looks like to God when someone returns to sin after becoming clean.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.