- Hebrews 11:1-12
- Hebrews 11 talks about a faith that obeys in love.
- Hebrews 11:1 – This explains what faith does. Obedience shows faith to God.
- Hebrews 11:3 – See Romans 10:17. This faith comes from testimony. See Romans 1:20; Genesis 1. We did not see the creation happen but we have reliable testimony about it.
- Hebrews 11:4 – Cain could make a good argument for the sacrifice he gave, but it was not what God specified. Abel acted out of obedient faith, but Cain did not.
- Hebrews 11:6 – The world is full of people who believe in God, but do not believe God. They do not believe that they must diligently seek Him to receive His rewards.
- Hebrews 11:7 – See Genesis 6:1, 6. God used Noah to save a remnant. Noah worked for many years in faith before the rains came.
- Hebrews 11:8-10 – See Genesis 12; 26; 28. God made promises to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the last of which was fulfilled in Christ. Abraham was looking for a city who builder and designer is God.
- Hebrews 11:11-12 – At first, Sarah laughed when learning that she would conceive, but then she had faith.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.