- Hebrews 4:15 – Jesus can be touched by our infirmities because He was tempted like we are, yet never sinned.
- Hebrews 4:16 – Because Jesus endured temptation, we know that He understands us and can approach Him with confidence.
- Hebrews 5:5 – Compare Acts 13:32-33. Thi sis referring to Jesus’ resurrection – not His birth.
- Hebrews 5:6 – See Psalms 110:4.
- Hebrews 5:7 – Jesus was clearly not praying that He would not die because it says His prayer was heard. The Father was able to save Him from physical death and Jesus was resurrected. Jesus was evidently praying that the time on the cross would be short, which it was (six hours rather than multiple days as was often the case for crucifixion). See Matthew 26:39-42; John 12:27; Acts 27:9; James 1:10.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.