- Micah 4:4-6
- Elijah was one of the most powerful prophets ever to serve God.
- Matthew 17:10-13 – John the Baptist served in the spirit of Elijah.
The widow of Zarephath – I Kings 17
- I Kings 17:8-16 – This woman was at the edge of starvation, but God preserved her.
- I Kings 18:1
- A successful life may not include riches and honor.
- II Kings 2:11-12
- Genesis 5:5
- Only two people in the Bible did not die: Enoch and Elijah.
- Matthew 17:1-4
- If God didn’t like Elijah, He showed it in a strange way!
- Why did God allow Elijah to live in near poverty? Because God doesn’t look at success the same way.
- Luke 12:20 – Some of the greatest people in history didn’t have much money.
Mt. Carmel – I Kings 18
- Stand up for truth and fight sin.
- I Kings 18:17 – What a great victory for God!
- We may not have a public stage like Mt. Carmel, but we need to stand for truth in our lives.
Alone in a cave – I Kings 19
- I Kings 19:1-18
- Push through the hard times.
- When we get depressed, sometimes we need to get active.
- God showed Elijah that he was not alone. He reminded him of the facts.
- I Peter 5:6-7