- Proverbs 26:12
- It is hard for us to see pride in ourselves. The pride keeps us from seeing it!
I hate apologizing.
- Psalm 51:16
My worship is weak.
- Luke 18:9-14 – The Pharisees’ worship was not acceptable! The tax collector’s worship was acceptable because he humbled himself before God.
- We need to recognize our great need for God in our lives.
- Psalms 32:1-6
- There should be a desire in us to pray.
- Colossians 3:16 – We will not sing with thankfulness if we are filled with pride!
- I John 2:16
I keep thinking, “I should have a better life than this.”
- Luke 1:30-31, 38 – Mary had a tremendously good attitude when such a responsibility was put before her!
- Luke 17:7-10
- When we have an unexpected opportunity arise to serve God, but we do not want to do it because it conflicts with our own plans, that is pride!
- Philippians 4:11-13 – Paul leaned to be content!
I resist advice and teaching (that I really need).
- Acts 17:18, 30-32 – Some sneered at Paul’s teaching.
- Proverbs 15:5, 31-33 – It is not easy to listen to reproof.
- Proverbs 9:8-9; 10:8; 11:2; 19:20; 23:22 – Listen to wise counsel!
- Ecclesiastes 4:13
- Jeremiah 9:23-24