“Making melody with your heart to God”
- Ephesians 5:18-21
- Matthew 12:34 – Singing is speaking to God, and this starts in the heart.
- James 5:13
- Colossians 3:16
- Matthew 15:8-9
- Matthew 18:35
- Matthew 22:37
- Songs are a beautiful way to combine truth and emotion.
“Praise to God”
- Romans 15:7-12 – The unity all people have in singing praise to God.
- Hebrews 2:11-12
- Hebrews 13:10-16 – Through Jesus we can offer up praise to God.
- Philippians 4:!8
- Our singing is a sacrifice to God. Just like in the Old Testament, we must do it properly to be acceptable to Him.
“Sing with the mind”
- I Corinthians 14:11-16, 26 – Worship should be understandable to yourself and other people.
- Colossians 3:15-17
- Acts 16:25 – The prisoners were listening to them sing!
- We have an effect on each other when we sing.