- Acts 15:36-17:9
- Acts 15:36-41 – Barnabas was willing to give Paul a chance after his conversion and is now doing the same for John Mark. Even though they disagreed over John Mark, Paul and Barnabas did not cause division in the church.
- Acts 16:1-8 – Circumcision was not to be bound as a religious practice (Galatians 5:1-6). Sometimes it is helpful to either engage or disengage from a liberty we have if it will help the gospel cause (I Corinthians 9:19-23).
- Acts 16:14 – The opening of Lydia’s heart was not a supernatural event. Lydia was already a worshipper of God and was listening to Paul when her heart was opened. Hearing God’s word was what opened her heart.
- Acts 16:31 – “Believe” here is a synecdoche. It sums up and includes other actions. It is not necessary to know everything before you are baptized.
- Acts 16:33 – Baptism was an urgent matter!
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.