- Historical overview of perversions in church organization and leadership
- Catholic church
- 1849 – missionary societies
- 1950s – sponsoring churches
- Acts 2:42 – the start of the Lord’s church
- Acts 11:30 – elders appointed in local churches
- Acts 8:4 – Persecution scatters Christians, who go everywhere preaching the Word.
- Titus 1:5 – This verse implies that a church can exist even without elders. A church should strive to develop men who are qualified to be elders so it can do the work God has assigned more effectively.
- Congregational independence is effective.
- Congregational independence is practical.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.