- Titus 2:7-8 – Be an example of good deeds.
- Just genuinely serve God.
- Matthew 22:37
- Matthew 6:1-5, 16 – Do not do good just to be seen by others.
- Matthew 23:1-5 – Don’t be a hypocrite!
- Deuteronomy 11:18 – This was metaphorical. The Pharisees took it literally and then expanded on it by increasing the size of their phylacteries.
- Numbers 15:39
- Be other-oriented.
- Matthew 22:39 – Love your neighbor as yourself. Be a good example to them!
- I Thessalonians 1:6-8; 2:5-12
- II Thessalonians 3:7-12 – Paul worked another job to pay for his food even though he had to be paid for his work as a preacher. He was more concerned about setting an example that others could follow.
- Be like the moon (reflecting the Greater Light).
- Genesis 1:16-19
- The moon has no light of its own – it just reflects the light of the sun.
- Psalms 19:1
- I Corinthians 11:1
- Matthew 5:14-16
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.