- I John 2:21-3:6
- I John 2:22 – Whoever denies Jesus is an antichrist and a liar. One who claims to acknowledge God but denies Jesus is still an antichrist.
- I John 2:24 – If we believe and obey, we abide in both the Father and the Son.
- I John 2:26 – John was trying to shore up their faith, so they would not be led astray.
- I John 2:27 – Everyone John was writing to had this anointing, so we know he did not mean spiritual gifts. As in I John 2:20-21, the anointing is the Word of God that they had received. That is what was teaching them.
- I John 3:1 – See John 7:17; Titus 3:5. Salvation is a gift God freely bestows on us. We cannot earn it.
- I John 3:6 – See I John 1:8-9; I John 3:8-9. One can practice righteousness even though he may sometimes fail and sin. Confessing those sins and repenting is involved in practicing righteousness.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.