- Ephesians 3:6-12
- Ephesians 3:1 – “For this reason” – Paul was imprisoned because he preached the gospel to the Gentiles.
- Ephesians 3:2 – Jesus chose Paul specifically to bear the message to the Gentiles.
- Ephesians 3:3 – The mystery is that the Gentiles would be saved as part of the same body as the Jews (see Ephesians 3:6).
- Ephesians 3:5 – Apostles and prophets are listed as two separate groups, which may be emphasizing that truth was revealed to the apostles, who then laid hands on others so that they could prophesy as well.
- Ephesians 3:8 – Paul was very humble in his use of hyperbole here. He was certainly not the least of all saints!
- Ephesians 3:10 – See Ephesians 6:12. “Heavenly places” means the highest of whatever category is under consideration. Paul uses the phrase this way consistently in Ephesians. See also Ephesians 2:6. Here, Paul is simply referring to the rulers at the highest levels in the land.
- Ephesians 3:11 – God’s eternal plan was salvation of both Jews and Gentiles.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.