- Matthew 22:37; II Chronicles 25:2
- II Chronicles 25:1-2, 14-15; II Kings 14:3-4 – King Amaziah served God, but not with a whole heart.
- James 2:10
- It’s not that God is watching for any small error so He can punish us. It’s that we have to obey all of God’s commands – not just the ones we find easy.
- Matthew 5:43-48 – We are to be perfect (complete) – not lacking any moral facet.
- We must love all – even our enemies.
- It takes one hole to sink a ship. It takes one sin to sink a soul.
- Which commands are hard for me?
- Do I truly put God above my family? Genesis 22; Luke 14:26
- Do I love all my neighbors – even other races? Galatians 2:11-12; 3:27-29; Matthew 7:12; 22:39
- Would I rather hold on to Jesus or my riches? Mark 10:19-22; I Timothy 6:17
- Do I publicly show support for Jesus? Mark 15:43; Matthew 10:32-33
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.