- I Timothy 4:13 – Timothy was told to give attention to reading, to exhortation, to teaching.
- Titus was told to preach the word. Titus 3:15
- Titus was told to preach the authoritative word of God.
- The church at Corinth assembled to study the Word. I Corinthians 14:23-25.
- In the Lord’s Supper assembly, Paul preached the Word. Acts 20:7
- Thus, preaching is a very important part of the local church.
- The preacher:
- Speak words that become sound doctrine. Titus 2:1
- Speak so as to be understood. I Corinthians 14:19
- Speak the truth in love. Ephesians 4:15
- Speak with all authority. Titus 2:15
- The listener:
- Take head how you hear. Luke 8:18
- Take heed what you hear. Acts 17:11
- Be sure the Word is mixed with faith. Hebrews 4:2
- Control your thinking – do not let your mind wander.
- Uphold, do not apologize for the truth that was taught.
- Put the word to use in your life. James 1:22-25
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.