- I Corinthians 14:23-35
- I Corinthians 14:23 – So far, Paul has been talking about regulations regarding the use of spiritual gifts. Now he explains the reasoning behind some of these regulations.
- I Corinthians 14:32 – Their spiritual gifts could be controlled.
- I Corinthians 14:33 – This is one of the reasons for the regulations on spiritual gifts that Paul was describing. The gifts were not to be used to bring about confusion.
- I Corinthians 14:34 – This is specifically directed at women who were married to men with spiritual gifts. They were not to interrupt while their husband was speaking or prophesying. Women were to be in subjection, as was the rule all the way back to Genesis.
- I Corinthians 14:35 – Here the rule for women is expanded to speaking in the assembly in general.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.