- Many believe that we are saved by belief in God. Hebrews 11:6
- Are we saved by belief only or a belief that obeys? Galatians 5:6
- Romans 3:23; I John 2:1-2
- Titus 3:5 – Salvation is not by works of merit.
- God expects us to accept salvation on His terms and conditions. Jeremiah 10:23
- When “believe” is used in conjunction with another word, we know it is used in a specific sense.
- John 12:42
- Hebrews 11:8
- Here, belief is used in a comprehensive sense. It includes obedience.
- John 3:16
- Numbers 21:6-9 – If any had believed, but not gone to look at the serpent, he would have still died.
- Acts 16:31-34
- Acts 18:8; I Corinthians 1:14 – Crispus believed, which apparently included baptism.
- John 3:20
- John 5:24
- Romans 1:16
- Romans 10:4
- Matthew 7:21-23
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.