- Luke 22:61-23:34
- Luke 22:61-62 – This is a good example of how we should react when we sin.
- Luke 23:2 – These charges are all false. In their eyes, He was misleading the nation, but He was leading the nation correctly in God’s eyes. Jesus specifically told people they were to pay taxes (Luke 20:22-25). Jesus was a spiritual leader, not an earthly king. He often reminded His disciples of this.
- Luke 23:22 – Three times Pilate declared Jesus to be innocent.
- Luke 23:28-31 – Jesus prophecies about the coming destruction of Jerusalem. He is quoting from Hosea 10:8.
- Luke 23:34 – Jesus shows His great depth of love in asking for forgiveness for those who were crucifying Him. See II Peter 3:9.
- Luke 23:33 – The Greek was Kranion, Amaramaic: Golgotha, Latin: Calvarius.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.