- Luke 8:16-9:27
- Luke 8:16-18 – Parable of the lamp.
- Luke 8:19-21 – Jesus emphasizes the importance of spiritual relationships.
- Luke 8:22-25 – Jesus stills the sea.
- Luke 8:26-39 – Jesus cures a demon-possessed man. Many people were afraid of Jesus after He performed this miracles, but the man who was cured wanted to follow Jesus!
- Luke 8:40-56 – Jesus raises Jairus’ daughter from the dead.
- Luke 9:1-6 – Jesus commands the twelve to go out and preach. Their job would not be easy, even with the miracles they were able to do.
- Luke 9:7-9 – Herod tries to find out about Jesus.
- Luke 9:10-17 – Jesus feeds 5000 men.
- Luke 9:18-22 – The apostles show that they understand Jesus’ identity, even though they are still unclear about His mission.
- Luke 9:23-26 – We must forsake our earthly lives to follow Jesus. Great courage is required to follow Jesus!
- Luke 9:27 – “Kingdom” here can also be translated “reign” or “rule.” This shows that God’s kingdom definitely came in the lifetime of those assembled there.
- Colossians 1:13; Revelation 1:9; Acts 2:29-36; 17:6-7 – The kingdom of God already exists!
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.