- The church is to raise funds through the offerings of its members on the first day of the week. I Corinthians 16:1-2
- The Lord’s Supper is to be taken on the first day of the week. Acts 20:7; Matthew 26:26-29
- When we take the Lord’s Supper, we are proclaiming the Lord’s death until He comes again. I Corinthians 11:23-26
- We must examine ourselves and take of the Supper in a worthy manner or we condemn ourselves. I Corinthians 11:27-29
- The primary function assigned to the church is preaching the Word. Acts 6:2
- The church is only authorized to carry out benevolent work if the local church has needy saints that are unavoidably destitute or if another local church has more needy saints than it can relieve. Benevolence is specifically authorized only for saints.
- The word “church” is used in 3 senses in the Bible:
- Local church
- Universal church
- The local church, specifically in its assembled state.
- When fully organized, a local church has saints, elders, and deacons.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.