- Luke 6:20-7:17
- Luke 6:20-26 – The Beatitudes.
- Luke 6:27-28 – Love your enemies.
- Luke 6:29-30 – See Acts 12:5-11; 13:50-51; 16:35-39; 17:10, 14; 20:3; 22:25-29; 23:17; 24:12-13; 25:11; II Thessalonians 3:10. Taken in harmony with other scriptures, Jesus is not saying that we should not defend ourselves or allow people to abuse us. We should not be eager to hold other people’s sins against them. We have all sinned!
- Luke 6:31-35 – Treat others the way you want to be treated.
- Luke 6:36-38 – See Luke 17:3.
- Luke 6:39-45 – We have to address our own issues before we can hope to help others.
- Luke 6:46-49 – The difference between those who hear and do and those who hear and don’t do. See Ezekiel 33:30-33.
- Luke 7:1-10 – Jesus heals the servant of the Roman centurion after he displays great faith.
- Luke 7:11-17 – Jesus raises a dead man being carried in a coffin.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.