- Genesis 37-50
- God fulfills His promises (on His terms)
- Genesis 11:31-12:9
- God fulfilled His promises in a way no one would expect.
- Genesis 37:2-11 – Joseph’s dreams anger His brothers.
- Genesis 39:20-23 – Joseph is falsely imprisoned.
- Genesis 40:14, 23 – The chief cupbearer forgets about Joseph.
- Genesis 41:41 – Joseph rises to power in Egypt.
- Genesis 46:29 – Joseph’s family comes to Egypt.
- I Corinthians 10:13 – God’s fulfillment of this verse may not be as direct as we expect! It may involve us training ourselves to avoid temptation.
- Remember the 3 promises (Genesis 12)
- “I will make you a great nation” – Genesis 46:1-4
- “To your descendants I will give this land.” – Genesis 48:21-22
- Israel’s final words to his sons (Genesis 48-49)
- Ephraim and Manasseh become half-tribes in place of Joseph.
- Israel blesses Ephraim over Manasseh, even though Manasseh was older.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.