- Hebrews 7:11-8:2
- Hebrews 7:11 – If salvation could have come through the Levitical priesthood, there would have been no need for a new priesthood.
- Hebrews 7:14 – This verse demonstrates how the silence of the scriptures must be respected. The scriptures said nothing about a priest from the tribe of Judah, thus no priest from that tribe was allowed under the Old Covenant.
- Hebrews 7:21 – The priests of the Old Covenant served only for a limited time, but Jesus now serves as a high priest in perpetuity.
- Hebrews 7:26 – See Ephesians 1:19-23.
- Hebrews 7:27 – Jesus sacrificed Himself once for all. We need no further sacrifice just as we need no further revelation.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.