- Mark 10:28-31 – Following Jesus is more important than earthly possessions or relationships.
- Mark 10:29 – Some translations include “wife” in this list, which may imply that if a man was in such a state that he could not keep his wife and serve God, he would have to choose God over his wife. Footnotes seem to indicate that “wife” is present in some manuscripts and not others.
- Mark 10:32-41 – James and John ask for places of prestige. They were still looking for Jesus to establish an earthly kingdom.
- Mark 10:42-45 – Whoever wishes to be the greatest should be a servant.
- Mark 10:46-52 – Jesus heals a blind man. Matthew’s account (Matthew 20:29-34) records that there were two blind men. This is not a contradiction – Matthew just records additional detail about the second blind man. The blind man had apparently heard much about Jesus in order to develop the great faith that he demonstrated here.
- Mark’s account emphasizes miracles as proof that Jesus is the Son of God. Matthew’s account emphasizes that Jesus fulfilled prophecy.
- Mark 11:1-10 – Jesus enters Jerusalem to great praise from the crowds.
- Mark 11:11-14 – Jesus curses a fig tree.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.