- Mark 6:14-28
- A rash promise
- James 1:19 – Think before you speak!
- Colossians 4:6 – Select your words carefully.
- This is especially important in the parent/child relationship.
- A rash promise should be repented of.
- There have been cases where someone divorced unscripturally and remarried, but was then afraid of breaking the second marriage on learning the truth about God’s marriage law because he would have to break his marriage promise. He had no right to make that promise and so should repent of it.
- A spineless man (Mark 6:26)
- A dancing daughter
- This dancing was designed to inflame the passions and lusts of those in attendance.
- An adulterous marriage
- Leviticus 18:16; 20:21 – The marriage law of Herod’s day.
- Matthew 19:9 – The marriage law of our day.
- There was just one thing that led to John’s death.
- He had courage to preach God’s truth without fear, even to Herod who had power to put him to death.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.