- Elders don’t have authority (except for delegated authority) - they have authorization from God to do some things that others don’t. Deacons, janitors, etc. have authorization to do certain things as well.
- God created man; thus God alone has the right to direct man’s life. He has the right to choose how to direct and He has the right to choose the directions (Jeremiah 10:23. He is to be the director in every phase of life: domestic, civil, economical, social, and spiritual.
- Genesis 2:18-24 - Marriage is to be one man and one woman for life.
- Matthew 15:4-6 - Honor father and mother.
- Ephesians 5:22-33 - Wives submit to husbands. Husbands love wives.
- Ephesians 6:1-4 - Children are to obey parents.
- Colossians 3:18-21 - Commands for husbands, wives, and children.
- Hebrews 12:9-11
- I Timothy 5:8
- I Timothy 5:14
- Romans 13:1-7
- I Timothy 2:1-3
- I Peter 2:17
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.