- In each passage, saints were relieved by the local church:
- Acts 2:44-45
- Acts 4:32-35
- Acts 6:1-6
- Acts 11:27-30
- Romans 15:25-31
- I Corinthians 16:1-3 - Funds collected on the first day of the week.
- II Corinthians 8:1-14
- II Corinthians 9:1-14
- I Timothy 5:16 - The church is only to be charged with care of those who are widows indeed.
- Benevolence is because people are Christians supplying the needs of their brethren. Benevolence is not in order to convert people.
- Preaching the word is placed before benevolence (Acts 6:3-4.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.