- Hebrews 11:3 - The world was created by God speaking it into existence.
- Hebrews 11:4 - Abel offered a sacrifice from his flock while Cain offered a sacrifice from the field. The only reason Abel’s sacrifice was aceptable was because he offered it in faith. Cain offered his sacrifice at his own discretion - not through faith. God must have given Cain and Abel some instruction with regard to acceptable sacrifice in order for Abel to offer a sacrifice through faith. This also shows that there is such a thing as unacceptable worship.
- Hebrews 11:5 - What an amazing compliment - to be pleasing to God. The only other person we have record of that was taken up by God is Elijah.
- Hebrews 11:6 - We must believe that God is the first cause of all things.
- Hebrews 11:7 - When Noah built the ark and people refused to go in it, the people were condemned. It is the same as when we teach God’s word and they reject it.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.