- Hebrews 10:26 - This is not saying that if they gave up the New Covenant and went back to the Old Covenant, they could never come back to the New Covenant and be saved. We know from many other passages that God will accept those who repent and return to His ways.
- Hebrews 10:29 - Those who discount the blood of Christ and will not follow God’s commandments under the New Covenant have essentually trampled Jesus Christ under foot.
- Hebrews 10:30 - God is a God of love, but He is also a vengeful God and will punish those who do not obey Him. Modern religious teaching often downplays the vengeful aspect of God.
- Hebrews 10:32-34 - We are not likely to suffer persecution as these people did, but even if we do, we have a much grater reward waiting for us.
- Hebrews 10:36-38.
- Hebrews 11:1 - This verse is not a definition of faith. Faith is “receiving testimony and believing it to be so”. This verse gives the function of faith.
- Hebrews 11:3 - God created the world from ntohing, thus His work is beyond the realm of science.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.