- II Corinthians 113:5-6 - the importance of examining ourselves
- When we examine ourselves, we must try to see ourselves from God’s perspective. It is too easy to compare ourselves to someone who is not serving God as they should and feel superior to them.
- It is difficult to get people to examine themselves because often they are afraid of what they might find.
- Many refuse to truly examine themselves for fear of hurting their personal pride.
- Apostasy is gradual. We must examine ourselves continually to make sure we are not drifting.
- If all we do is “hold our own” with our faith, we will end up the same way as the one talent man in Matthew 25.
- Signs of apostasy:
- Loss of spiritual appetite.
- An aversion to straightforward Bible teaching.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.