- Mark 10:28-31. This passage is not literal. Jesus is making the point that we may have to sacrifice physically to be rewarded spiritually.
- Mark 10:46-52 - Bartimaeus showed his exemplary character in persistently seeking Jesus, addressing Him with respect, and showed interest in spiritual matters, even after being healed.
- Mark 11:1-11 - This is often referred to as the Triumphal Entry of Jesus.
- Hosanna is a Greek transliteration of a Hebrew word meaning “save, we pray”. See Psalms 118:25-26. It was originally a cry for help but came to be used as praise.
- Mark 11:15-17 - Jesus protected the holiness of the temple by driving out the salesmen and moneychangers. Selling animals for sacrifice was not wrong, but doing so in the temple was. We must be careful of the same thing in the church today.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.