- The mission of the Holy Spirit, continued:
- The promises in John 14-16 were specifically for the apostles. We cannot expect miraculous revelation today.
- The promise and gift of the Holy Spirit
- Galatians 3:14.
- Acts 2:39 - salvation to whoever calls on the name of the Lord.
- Acts 2:38 - Grammatically speaking, the “gift of the Holy Spirit” could mean either the Holy Spirit is the gift or that He gives the gift. From the context, we can see that the gift is salvation, which the Holy Spirit had helped make possible.
- Acts 2:33.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.