- Summary of Romans:
- Condemnation (Romans 1-3)
- Christ (Romans 4-5)
- Choice (Romans 6-8)
- Children (Romans 9-11)
- Conduct (Romans 12-16)
- Romans 6
- Romans 6:12-23
Dead to sin; do not let sin reign
- We must put sinful habits to death.
- We must consider our old selves as dead.
- Psalms 97:10
- What keeps drawing you back to sin? What do you like about it?
- We’ll never be deaed to sin as long as we crave its passing pleasure.
- Romans 6:12-14, 16-18 – We must choose who we want to obey.
- Romans 6:21, 13 – Think about your sin and how it causes you spiritual death. You are not the person you would be if you were not enslaved to this sin.
Alive to God; slaves of righteousness
- Ephesians 4:24-32
- Psalms 15:4
- Romans 6:11, 18
- Acts 22:4
- Is there something I still need to change so the old me stays dead?
In Christ Jesus!
- Romans 6:11, 23
- The only way to do this is with Jesus’ grace.
- Colossians 3:15