Develop honor and respect for God.
- Malachi 1:6-14
- Leviticus 22:21-22 – Sacrificial animals must be unblemished!
- We must be respectful in our worship!
- Their worship was bad, but the problem was their hearts!
- Matthew 22:37-40 – This is discipleship. It’s not something we just get around to!
- Proverbs 1:7
- How do I develop the right attitude?
- Read Job 38-42. See what God told Job.
- Read Ephesians 1. Think through each phrase. Where would I be if God hadn’t done these things?
- Malachi 3:9-10 – They were robbing God with their worship!
Be a good priest.
- Malachi 2:1-9
- Jeremiah 5:8
- Ezekiel 22:26
- I Peter 2:5
- Revelation 1:6
- Under the New Covenant, all Christians are priests! So what is our responsibility today?
- Can I teach others the gospel?
- What kind of priest am I?
Build strong relationships.
- Malachi 2:10-16 – They were divorcing their wives and marrying non-Israelite women.
- I Peter 3:7
- Our worship is not separate from the rest of our lives. All of our lives belong to God!
- Malachi 4:5-6 – Prophecy of the coming of John the Baptist.
- Luke 1:16-17