The Kingdom is coming
- Isaiah 9:1-7 – Prophecy of the coming of Jesus.
- Matthew 4:12-17
- Luke 1:31-33
- Daniel 2:31-45 – Prophecy of Babylon, Medo-Persians, Greeks, and Romans. As prophesied, Jesus came in the days of the Roman Empire.
The Kingdom is at hand.
- Matthew 3:1-2; 4:17; 6:10; 10:7; 16:18-19, 28 – The Kingdom was coming in their lifetime!
- Acts 1:6-8 – The apostles would receive power.
- Luke 24:49
- The apostles receive power to speak in the necessary languages and deliver the gospel.
- Acts 2:29-38
- Now people can enter Jesus’ kingdom through baptism.
The Kingdom is here now.
- Colossians 1:13-14
- Revelation 1:9 – John was partaking of the kingdom.
Why this matters
We must obey King Jesus!
- Mark 6:27 – Human kings have tremendous authority.
- Acts 12
- Matthew 16:19
- Acts 8:17
- The apostles received delegated authority.
We must honor King Jesus!
- Revelation 1:4-7, 13-18; 5:11-14; 17:14
We must thank King Jesus!
- Matthew 25:31-40
- II Timothy 4:18
- A good king rewards those who serve him. Jesus is a good king!