I Corinthians 10:1-4 – Our fathers
- I Corinthians 10:1-2 – See Exodus 13:21; 14:29; Psalms 105:38.
- I Corinthians 10:3-4 – See Deuteronomy 8:1-3. We are living on the word of God. See John 4:34.
I Corinthians 10:5-12 – Examples for us.
- I Corinthians 10:7 – See Exodus 32:4-6.
- I Corinthians 10:8 – See Numbers 25:1-9.
- I Corinthians 10:9 – See Numbers 21:4-6.
- I Corinthians 10:10 – It is not clear which specific event this is referring to. It could be referring to the general case that happened repeatedly with the Israelites or possibly to Numbers 16:41-49.
I Corinthians 10:13-14 – Temptation.
- I Corinthians 10:13-14 – God always provides a means of escape. Jesus appealed to the word of God when He was tempted. This is a comfort for our future and a conviction of our past.
I Corinthians 10:15-22 – Don’t worship idols.
- I Corinthians 10:19-20 – Paul didn’t want them to be involved with idol worship. If they joined in an idol feast, they were taking part in idol worship. There was nothing wrong with the meat itself – it was what they were doing with it that was the problem.