- II Timothy 4:2
- Luke 10:16
We ought to honor Deity as the source of authority.
- Genesis 1:1, 26
- God’s authority is inherent as the Creator.
- Isaiah 45:8-11
- Romans 1:21
- I John 2:3-4; 5:3
- John 14:15
- To respect God’s authority, we must obey His commandments.
- Leviticus 10:1-3
- Matthew 28:18-20 – What gave Jesus the right to command this? The authority He had.
- Acts 2:36
We’ll be judged by what God has authorized.
- Ephesians 4:1-3
- When we disagree, it’s because we don’t have a standard to agree on.
- Matthew 26:19
- What if we just went to the standard of the Bible?
- Acts 23:8 – Why were there Pharisees and Sadducees? Just be Jews!