I Corinthians 4
I Corinthians 4:1-6 – Paul is just a servant.
- I Corinthians 4:4 – It is the Lord who judges! Don’t look to human wisdom.
- I Corinthians 4:6 – These principles apply to all of us. Do not go beyond what is written. Regarding arrogance, compare I Corinthians 4:18, 19; 5:6.
I Corinthians 4:7-13 – Paul’s condition, contrasted with the Corinthians.
- I Corinthians 4:8 – Paul is using irony and sarcasm here to point out their arrogance. Compare Revelation 3:17-18
- See Philippians 3:4-7.
- I Corinthians 4:11-13 – Paul completely refutes the “health and wealth gospel” that is popular today. Being a Christian doesn’t mean everything will suddenly be easy for you. It might be the opposite!
I Corinthians 4:14-21 – Paul admonishes as a father.
- I Corinthians 4:16 – Can we teach someone the gospel and also say, “Be just like me?” That should be our goal!