- Matthew 13:40-43
Jesus uses the word “Gehenna.”
- Matthew 23:15 – This word is used twelve times in the New Testament and eleven of those times are by Jesus Himself!
- Matthew 23:33
- “Gehenna” is a transliteration of “Valley of Hinnom,” which was a place to dump refuse and burn it. It was a physical place outside Jerusalem.
- Mark 9:43-48
Hell is a place of horrors!
- Matthew 5:22, 29-30 – Whatever it takes, avoid hell!
- This was repeated three times in the gospels, so we need to pay attention.
- Matthew 8:11
- If we end up in hell, it is too late to change. There is no hope.
- Luke 12:4-5
We’ll enjoy the presence of God!
- Hebrews 9:24
- Matthew 25:34, 41, 46
- I John 3:1-3
- I Thessalonians 4:17
We’ll have fellowship with other saints.
- I Thessalonians 4:15-17
- Revelation 6:9-11 – They could remember their previous life.
There’ll be no more trouble.
- Hebrews 4:8-11 – God’s people have a rest in store.
- Matthew 5:11-12
- Philippians 3:20-21
- I Corinthians 15:51
- Romans 8:31
- John 5:28-29