I Corinthians 2:1-3:5
- I Corinthians 2:1-5 – Paul’s preaching style. True wisdom.
- Wisdom from people vs. wisdom from God
- Rhetoric – the art of using language effectively and persuasively.
- I Corinthians 2:6-9 – God’s wisdom
- I Corinthians 2:7 – God already had the plan before creation!
- I Corinthians 2:10-13 – God’s wisdom revealed by the Spirit
- I Corinthians 2:14-3:5 – Spiritual people vs. natural people
- I Corinthians 2:14 – Is this teaching the Calvinist doctrine of total depravity? No. See Acts 18:5-6. Paul blamed the people for resisting his preaching. See also I Corinthians 1:18; 2:6. It was their decision whether or not to come to Christ. It was their decision whether or not to mature in Christ.