- Luke 15:11-32 – Parable of the prodigal son.
- The main point of this parable is the attitude of the older son.
- Luke 15:1-3 – The setting for the parable.
Know the goal: saving the lost
- Luke 19:1-10 – Jesus’ purpose was to save the lost!
- Matthew 9:10-12
- II Peter 3:9
- We must not be prejudiced against the very people we should be trying to help!
- Ephesians 5:11 – Jesus was not joining in with sinful deeds.
- I Corinthians 15:33
- Our hatred of sin should motivate us to try to help people out of it!
- I Kings 11:4
We should rejoice when people come to the Lord.
- Luke 15:28
- Luke 15:4-10 – There is rejoicing in heaven when one repents!
- James 5:19-20
- II Thessalonians 3:14-15 – “admonish him as a brother”
- I Corinthians 5:5
- Let us not be like Jonah and be angry when people repent.
We should not follow our sense of fairness.
- Luke 15:29
- Hebrews 10:17
- We should instead follow God’s sense of forgiveness.