- Proverbs 31:25-31
- Ephesians 6:1-3
- Luke 1:28-38 – Mary was ready to be God’s servant and do His will.
- Luke 2:24 – The family was poor from an earthly standpoint.
- Mothers, God appreciates your work!
- Mark 6:1-3 – Everyone looked at Jesus’ family as a normal family. They were far from wealthy. People were surprised when He started teaching!
- Mary’s value did not come through special amenities she was able to provide for Jesus.
- The value of mothers comes from raising Godly children.
- Matthew 15:21-28 – She was humble and persistent!
- I Thessalonians 2:7
- Ephesians 5:22, 33
- Luke 18:2, 8 – Be persistent in prayer. Do not lose heart!
- I Peter 3:1
Eunice (and Lois)
- Acts 16:1
- Acts 14:19-22 – Paul’s experience in Timothy’s hometown.
- Eunice and Lois became Christians when it was not easy to be a Christian. They might have seen Paul being stoned!
- II Timothy 1:5; 3:14