Victory is found in Jesus, not in your own perfection.
- Romans 7:14-25
- I must continue to fight, but victory will only be in Jesus.
Realize that this will be a journey.
- Ephesians 4:20-24 – We must continually put off the old self.
- Luke physical exercise, it is a continual gradual progress.
- Hebrews 5:13-14
Do some addition and subtraction.
- Can I shape my environment to help with temptation?
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- II Chronicles 24:1-2, 15-19 – Joash did good while Jehoiada was alive, but was then influenced by people who led him away from God.
- Add godly people to your life and subtract ungodly people.
- Psalms 119:9-16 – This is how you avoid sin!
- Philippians 4:8 – Dwell on good things!
- Proverbs 5:7-8; 7:7, 25
- Proverbs 13:20
- If it’s going to tempt you, stay away from it!
In the moment, try …
… thinking of God’s love
- John 15:9
… thinking of God’s wrath
- Mark 9:48