Take the initiative.
- Nehemiah 1:2-4; 2:5, 15-18
- Nehemiah’s leadership was contagious!
- Nehemiah was 1,000 miles from the problem, but he traveled to go help.
Keep learning God’s truth.
- II Peter 1:8, 5
- Titus 1:9
- Deuteronomy 17:18-20 – Leaders had to know the law!
- Luke 8:9 – Disciples were asking questions and learning!
- Luke 11:1 – Teach us to pray! The disciples wanted to learn how to pray properly.
- Luke 6:39-40
Demonstrate the proper behavior.
- I Timothy 4:12 – Lead by example.
- I Corinthians 11:1 – Paul said for them to imitate him.
- Do I hold myself to the standard I require of others?
- Can others see my behavior and look to me as a proper example?
Grow my communication skills.
- Proverbs 15:1-2, 28 – The righteous ponder how to answer.
- Proverbs 29:20
- James 3:2
- It takes practice to build this skill.
Be willing to change myself.
- John 3:1-3, 9-10 – Nicodemus came to Jesus by night.
- John 7:13, 48-52
- John 19:38-40 – Nicodemus showed respect for Jesus in public, which was quite a dangerous thing for him to do!
- Nicodemus was willing to change!
- Nothing will happen unless you take the initiative!