Everybody’s guilty of sin.
- Romans 1:18, 25, 29-32 – God gives us free will, but He is not happy about our sinful behavior.
- Stop pretending you’re perfect!
We try to squirm out of our guilt.
- Deny everything: “God doesn’t even exist!”
- Romans 1:20
- Finger-pointing hypocrisy: “Yeah, those sinners sure are bad. Give it to ‘em, Paul!”
- Romans 2:1-5 – God is an impartial judge.
- Religious hypocrisy: “Sure you don’t mean me? I’m a guiding light, a corrector, a teacher!”
- Romans 2:17-24 – Sin is sin no matter who does it. When people are religious hypocrites, they cause others to blaspheme God.
What must we do?
Acknowledge our guilt.
Romans 3:9, 23 – All have sinned!
Romans 3:10-18 – Paul quotes the Old Testament saying the same thing!
Put our faith in Christ!
- Romans 3:21-28