- I John 3:7-24
- I John 3:6-10 – One who abides in God does not practice sin. He may sometimes fail and sin, but he does not continually practice sin. See Hebrews 2:14; Ephesians 4:8.
- I John 3:11 – See John 13:45; I John 5:1. Love for God and love for brethren is the badge of discipleship.
- I John 3:17 – The only exception to this is a brother who refuses to work. II Thessalonians 3:10.
- I John 3:19-21 – Our conscience is not completely reliable as a guide. It is possible to sear your conscience so that it does not guide you correctly. You must use the word of God to train your conscience so that it will be a proper guide.
- I John 3:24 – “Abide” here means to continue in. Those who keep God’s commandments continue in Him.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.